UnCollege is, above all else, a global community of experiential learners.
We’re open to new ideas.
And we're growing.
We need a social media intern to join our team and help spread the word about UnCollege and support our awesome online community. Here are the details:
ABOUT THE ROLE
Is your Snapchat score through the roof? Do you get new Instagram followers by the hour? Do you have a secret talent for graphic design or writing or photography/videography? If so, we’re looking for someone like you who has the social media chops and creativity to play a vital role in our social media strategy and execution. You will be responsible for driving campaigns, creating content, increasing engagement, and contributing to the larger marketing strategy. Our working environment is casual and we are a small team that works hard but values fun more than anything. There is plenty of opportunity for your voice to be heard and for your ideas to be put into motion. Sound like you? Good, we look forward to reading your application.
- Support the Marketing Director in creating and executing social media marketing campaigns within the context of the larger marketing strategy
- Take ownership of daily posting and engagement on all social media platforms
- Create and execute campaigns to increase engagement and gain new followers
- Produce relevant, interesting, and eye-catching content (posts, photos, graphics, videos)
- Contribute to creating the voice and aesthetic of the UnCollege brand
- Communicate with social partners and members of our online community
- Manage our online forums presence
- Knowledge of mainstream social media platforms, best practices, and user behavior, particularly Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Acute attention to detail, including correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Motivated self-starter who works well independently to meet deadlines
- Nice to have: experience with graphic design, writing, photography, and/or videography
- Commitment: Part-time, 20-30 hours per week, must have your own laptop
- Location: San Francisco, CA (must be able to come into the office 2-3 days per week)
To apply, please email your resume and a short personal statement to chris(at)uncollege.org